A happy and safe Christian setting where everyone is valued and works in partnership to develop their full potential.
On behalf of the staff, pupils, parents and governors, I would like to welcome you to our website. St James’ C of E Primary School prides itself in providing a happy, safe, secure and supportive learning environment where good order and discipline are preserved to enable your child to achieve academic and personal excellence.
It is really important to us that in this ever changing world we play our part in making sure our children are equipped with the necessary skills, attributes and personal qualities that will allow them to contribute positively to their local community and the wider global community.
Good manners, respect for other people and their beliefs, dedication and hard work are key ingredients for success in school and life in general and we try to instil these on a daily basis.
Children are at the centre of everything that we do. We have high expectations and aspirations for all children and are aiming for excellence through: teaching that inspires, motivates and challenges; children who feel safe and nurtured and maximising partnerships with the whole school community and parents – all underpinned by the school’s core values of love, friendship, respect, endurance, honesty, peace.
We do not profess to be perfect and from time to time we will make mistakes as everyone in life does. However, we endeavour not to make the same one twice. We want your child to reflect positively on their time and experiences at St James for the rest of their lives. We recognise the importance of working in partnership with our parents so that children flourish in our care.
- Be a happy, welcoming and caring school where we recognise, affirm and develop the unique gifts and talents of each individual
- Provide a safe, purposeful and stimulating learning environment where all children can flourish
- To value childhood as an intrinsic right of all children
- Enable every child to learn, grow and reach their full potential
- Help children develop high self-esteem, confidence and a strong sense of identity
- Inspire the children through a thematic and creative curriculum
- Capture the children’s natural curiosity and foster a desire for learning and high achievement in a changing and challenging world
- Teach Christian values to children, inviting them to build their own lives upon them
- Work together as a hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic community, where all contributions are valued
- Recognise and value parents as the first educators of their children, fostering positive relationships and strong working partnerships between the school, parents, and all those responsible for the children’s welfare and education
- Teach the children to value and celebrate diversity within the school and beyond
- Help the children develop respect and responsibility for themselves, for others, and the world in which they live
At St James CE Primary School, we place great importance on our pupils’ safety and safeguarding them from harm. If you have any concerns about a child please contact the school directly and speak to Mrs McGregor (Headteacher and DSL) or Mr Abbey (Safeguarding Officer). For further information please follow this useful weblink www.ceop.police.uk.
Monthly Bible verse from St James Church
and dearly patience
Year 3 helped us celebrate harvest in church our harvest prayer helps us to remember Gods goodness to the world and our need to share the resources of the world fairly with those that have less than we do.
Thank you for providing us with so much. You have created a world that is plentiful. Help us to be kind and generous and share with those less fortunate than ourselves. Help us to create a world where no one goes hungry and everyone is able to enjoy what you have given. Help us to be good stewards of the world and create the kind of place you intended.